Senior Sales Development Manager
EdgePetrol is a SaaS software start-up providing real-time analytics to the petrol retail industry.
Since launching with a first-to-industry visibility software in 2017, Edge has accelerated to a strong brand in its home market and is seeking to further that growth by adding new logos in both the UK and abroad. Our products are continuously being developed in line with the needs of the market and we are showing real value to customers in a previously underserved industry.
This is why Edge are looking for a Senior SDM (Sales Development Manager) to contribute to ambitious revenue targets and propel the business to the next level.
This is an opportunity to work for a business with a hunger to succeed, where team members are required to pull together to work towards overall business goals. If you are looking to take a step up in your sales career, like being part of a team (and maybe even want to run one in the future) that cares and are passionate about overachieving, this is a job for you.
The successful candidate will be tasked with adding new logos to the EdgePetrol customer list in the UK and abroad. They will be expected to generate their own business by any means necessary but will focus on:
- Leveraging Edge’s vast network of contacts
- Attending industry events in the UK and abroad
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager and responding to inbound enquiries
- Working closely with the Partner Manager to maximise the efficiency of new and established agents and partners
They will have a seat at the table regarding both sales and marketing strategy and be expected to think both in and outside of the box to get results that match the ambition of the business. There will be a fair amount of freedom to get the job done in the manner that suits the successful candidate, as long as actions are justifiable and result driven.
Whilst EdgePetrol are based in London and this is an office-based job, there will be a lot of travel involved (appx. 60% domestic, 40% abroad).
Traits of successful candidates:
- Determination to succeed.
- Willingness to ‘graft’. This will be hard (and rewarding) work.
- Team player, but with personal goals and ambitions.
- Bright as well as smart. Both matter.
- Ability to see the bigger picture.
- Knowledge of personal motivators.
- Thriving on accountability.
- Selling software or other consultative products to C-level executives.
- Hunting new business in new or unestablished markets.
- Running entire sales processes from start to finish.
- Working closely with other business lines to achieve goals.
- Previous work in a start-up environment.
- Connection to commodity markets.
- Knowledge of widely spoken languages (Spanish, Italian, French, Mandarin) useful.
We will not be considering applications without a dedicated cover letter.
Why should I work at EdgePetrol?
- Work hard, play hard environment.
- Sharing of ideas are encouraged throughout the business.
- Flexible working.
- Knowledgeable and approachable management team.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Salary band 40k-45k with 50% uncapped and accelerated OTE.